Listen to music

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

{M:H:O} Pooja Bedi Gets a Pedicure At The Hospital She Was Admitted In For Dengue



Along with medical care, she also got a pedicure and a blow-dry done at the fancy hospital she was admitted in

After suffering from a nagging temperature that refused to subside for days, Pooja Bedi underwent emergency hospitalisation on Sunday where she was diagnosed with dengue fever.

She was rushed to the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Andheri after her platelet count dipped to an alarming rate.



Pampered in aspataal

Though on bedrest, Kabir Bedi's daughter couldn't stop herself from getting pampered when she realised that the hospital had a beauty salon. "I had a pedicure done and blow-dried my hair. I guess that perked me up and I felt better. As news spread, several friends popped in to wish me a speedy recovery. To my surprise, Tina Ambani who was on her rounds, also met me."

About her hospitalisation she says, "There I was, lying in the emergency ward but couldn't help marvel at what a posh and cool place I was in. Then three beds away from me, someone passed away. That was frightening as I wondered what would happen to me."

All negative thoughts vanished as soon as she was taken to her room. "It was like a five-star suite with a plasma TV and the works.. The doctors swung into action for my quick recovery. My platelet count was 56,000 when the normal range is 1.5 to 4 lakh. I thought I had malaria as my fever was 103 degrees and I was shivering with a terrible body ache. When they told me it was dengue, I was like... 'how on earth did I manage to get it?' "

Adds Pooja, "I wasn't taking any precautions despite the fever. In fact, my doggy Magic was unwell and I had taken him to the vet. My kids Aalia and Omar told me, 'Mom how about visiting a human doctor now?' And that's when I realised how bad my condition was!"

Against her doctor's advice, Pooja checked out of the hospital on Tuesday as she had to fly to New Delhi for a prior commitment. Back in Mumbai today, she will get herself readmitted! "It may sound strange but I am coping well. I don't worry too much. And that keeps me going even when in illness!"




Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

 




__._,_.___


Visit Our WebSite : www.MumbaiHangout.Org

             Forum : www.MumbaiHangout.net

Our Friends Network: http://social.mumbaihangout.org/home.php

------------------
DISCLAIMER :
------------------


This message serves informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an irrevocable indenture between anyone. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender at MumbaiHangOut-Owner@yahoogroups.com. The recipient acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the Individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of The M.H.O. Group. M.H.O. reserves the right to repeal, change, amend, modify, add, or withdraw the contents herein without notice or obligation.
---------------------------------------------------
Note:- MHO is Not Responsible For Any Claims.
---------------------------------------------------




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments: